“I have worked directly with Sollars Home for around 4 years now and it has been exciting to watch them grow as a business and develop their technology. When Don asked to build the Hydrogen Fueling Station unit completely out of concrete using his new forms, I couldn't help but say yes! It was very cool to watch it happen on one of my projects.”
~ Steve Patrick- Architect, AIA
Architects and Sollar Home
What is a Sollars Shell?
Simply put, a Sollars Shell is a concrete exoskeleton with a non-structural wooden interior. This "Shell" can be built to any design, and can serve as the structural base for literally any structure:
- Single Family Homes (Multi-Story Available)
- Accessory Structures and Guest Houses
- Basements and Pools
- Commercial Structures
Why Should You Care About A Sollars Shell?
- The Sollars Shell is a new tool in your design pallet- create new and exciting designs
- Design with concrete at the same cost as with wood
- Need to retain the earth? A Sollars Shell in itself will retain naturally- reducing costs
- Create striking or unique architectural features cost effectively: rooftop gardens, indoor water features, swimming pools underneath the house as part of the basement, unsupported balconies or even rooms, and more!
Sollars Home is a new competitively priced entrant in the housing and accessory structures market. If your client is interested in exploring the option of a full concrete home instead of a wooden home, we can give you budgetary numbers based upon your architectural designs. We can provide a completely finished "Sollars Shell" in one turnkey operation, or your client can choose to take over at anytime and finish the project out themself (gain 'sweat equity'), or with another trusted General Contractor finishing out the shell. The bottom line is that once the base shell has been completed, the structural aspect of the project has been satisfied. Thus, you can decide the outcome at this time. No matter which path you select, you’ll know that you are getting an extremely safe, energy efficient, well-built structure that will stand the test of time.
See this new technology come to life!Multi-Flex Forming Technology Video
Watch our video to the left of this module on how we built a Sollars Shell that will act as the office for an HTEC Hydrogen Fueling Center. This casting was done at the end of 2016 in Woodside, CA.
Please note, this structure was:
- Monolithically cast at the site, with the floor, walls, and roof all poured on the same day
- Made of a single, solid piece of concrete
- Not built with a non-structural wooden interior, as it was not wanted by the client
- Approximately 650 square feet in size
CEO & Founder
Sollars Home truly respects the unyielding power of Mother Nature. Therefore, we have engineered extremely safe buildings that are resistant against the forces of nature (earthquakes, fire, flood, wind, mold, termites, and more).
Concrete is a material proven to stand the test of time and we are proud to be a company committed to improving the health of our planet through sustainable practices.