Make the right choice. Choose a concrete home.
Did You Know?
Leading The Way
- Fire and Earthquake Resistant: Concrete will begin to break down under extreme conditions, but it technically does not burn or catch fire. In fact, concrete walls are frequently used in multi-family structures to block a fire from spreading into adjacent units. During an earthquake, the shaking of the ground is not what causes the most human fatalities; it is the associated destruction of man-made structures and the instigation of other natural disasters. If your home was built out of one solid piece of concrete, like a Sollars Home, it would be extremely more difficult for it to collapse in an earthquake.
- Tornado Resitant: A 1,500 square foot home cast entirely out of concrete would weigh upwards of 650,000 pounds. There is no tornado in history with wind power high enough to remove this building from its location.
- Time Tested: Concrete is a material proven to stand the test of time and we are proud to be a company committed to the safety of our building’s inhabitants and improving the health of our planet through sustainable practices. Sollars Home has set out to build concrete structures that will make natural disasters far less frightening, and dealing with the aftermath far less costly.
- Resistant to Mayhem: In this day and age, some worry about what could happen during times of civil unrest or random mayhem. Good news- your Sollars Home is essentially bulletproof. While this is hard to quantify, even military grade bullets would struggle to make it through a 6 inch wall of concrete. If you were to use bulletproof glass and window frames on your Sollars Home, your home would become nothing short of a fortress. Another great example is if a car lost control and happened to strike your home, your concern would be if the driver was okay!
Choose Sustainability and Longevity
- Low Energy Bills: The thermal mass of the concrete decreases the passage of heat moving through the wall. Thus, even with the same insulation, a concrete home will remain warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer than the same wood-frame home. A Sollars Shell has no joints- this means almost no air leakage! Other types of concrete homes also do not have as many air leaks as a wood frame home. This will give your home an exceptional R-value. REMEMBER: Air leakage accounts for a huge percentage of energy loss in the home! Therefore, a concrete home = Decreased utility bills!
- Increased Comfort: All modern concrete home building systems offer increased comfort and quiet space. Homes built from concrete eliminate chilly drafts, create consistent air temperatures, and greatly reduce noises from the garbage truck or neighboring airport, to name a few. Having less air leaks also means there are less opportunities for outside allergens to enter your home. Say goodbye to stuffy noses!
Less Repair and Maintenance
- A concrete wall cannot be dined on by pests like a wood frame home, therefore termites, rodents, or ants cannot eat or reside in these walls. Concrete homes do not support the growth of mold, mildew and other potentially harmful microorganisms.
- Concrete homes do not rot like wood and will not deteriorate in the same fashion or speed. Wood requires extensive maintenance to avoid decay. Have you seen the Roman Colosseum? Concrete can look nice for centuries!
- Choosing concrete means choosing sustainability, but it also means choosing a healthier, more advanced environment to live in. All concrete homes offer a variety of advantages unseen by a wood frame home. Sollars Home highly encourages you to look into these advantages further before purchasing a wood frame home. Regardless of the builder, concrete homes pay contribution to a sustainable planet and are a better investment in our ever evolving world.
Choose New and Attractive Design Options
- The exterior of a Sollars Home can be covered with stucco or any other siding material. However, we offer a variety of colors and textures to choose from for exposed concrete! We typically use Davis Colors for our colored concrete. Check out our images below for ideas! While missing from the chart, black and white concrete are possible, as are completely custom colors. Concrete can be stained after it has been poured to alter the color as well.
- Along with different colors, different materials can be used to impart texture onto the exposed concrete. For example, wood boards can be used during wall forming to create what is called “Board Formed Concrete” - mimicking the look of wood. Imparting texture on a vertical plane is somewhat challenging, but for flat surfaces, we can use concrete stamps to create different patterns, like the look of natural stone or bricks. Remember, that since the roof and floor of your home is also concrete, these same design options apply to them as well!
- Since a Sollars Home has “the strength of a skyscraper”- the increased structural integrity of your home allows for outrageously cool new designs to become economically feasible. Our new way of building allows for increased natural light, and the ability to optimize below grade space. Do the absolute most with the space available on your lot!
IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES:
- Cantilevered patios
- indoor-outdoor pools
- balcony pools
- rooftop gardens
- walls and floors of glass
- underground pools and caves
- floating elements
- secret passageways
- indoor waterfalls and plant features
- safe rooms
Did you know?
Cement and concrete are not the same thing.
Even good concrete will crack.
Concrete is permeable.
Concrete is not always a gray color.
We can build a Sollars Home into a hillside at a fraction of the cost of other builders.
A Sollars Home creates a sound barrier.
CEO & Founder
Sollars Home truly respects the unyielding power of Mother Nature. Therefore, we have engineered extremely safe buildings that are resistant against the forces of nature (earthquakes, fire, flood, wind, mold, termites, and more).
Concrete is a material proven to stand the test of time and we are proud to be a company committed to improving the health of our planet through sustainable practices.
Don Sollars has two patents on this technology, with multiple additional patents pending. We hold the Class A and Class B contractors license classifications which means that we have the capability and experience to handle your project. Sollars Home operates at a higher level of technology than other builders. We have a “Sollars Home App” that we use to handle material ordering, scheduling, and other project management needs.