The Sollars Shell
The Sollars Shell is a unique product for many reasons. One of the most beneficial advantages is that the choice of a Sollars Shell for your next project gives you a variety of money-saving options that enable you to manage your finances as you see fit. In addition to saving you money on your project costs, a Sollars Shell has no hidden costs, so there are no sudden surprises that can wreck your budget.
You can choose to have Sollars Home complete the entire project for you in one turnkey operation, or you can choose to take over and finish the project yourself, or with another general contractor (GC). No matter which path you select, you’ll know that you are getting a well-built structure that will stand the test of time.
Below is a cutaway view of an example 2-story Sollars Shell outlining some of its key features. Each Sollars Shell is custom built to your specifications, so the items shown should be regarded as details that are typically used rather than as hard and fast rules that must be followed for every project.
Demo model of a finished Sollars Shell located at our office in San Jose, CA
Shell Product Offerings
We offer 3 levels of completion for a Sollars Shell to enable you to select the point in the project that makes the most sense for you to take over. And remember that all Sollars Shells can have pool, hardscape, and landscape added to qualify for package deal pricing!
Base Shell: unfinished exterior with interior framing in place
- A Base Shell is the perfect choice for the Homeowner who has a GC they are comfortable with, or for a Developer who has the knowledge base and connections to complete the project themselves. The choice of a Base Shell maximizes the potential savings that can be recouped via “sweat equity” without risking the structural integrity of your home.
- Scope of work => 9 trades offered in a Base Shell
- Grading and Excavating
- Utility Trenching
- Interior Framing
- Rough Electrical
- Rough Plumbing
Dry Shell: finished, watertight exterior with interior framing in place
- A Dry Shell can be an ideal choice for a Homeowner who is well versed in the finish trades or has friends/family who can lend a hand. The exterior is completely finished and weathertight, and the house can be locked, so the project can be completed at a pace you are comfortable with.
- Scope of work => 17 trades offered in a Dry Shell
- 9 Base Shell trades
- Exterior trim
- Exterior paint
- Gutters and downspouts
- Windows and doors
Warm shell: finished exterior with lighted, conditioned interior and a working (partially finished) bathroom
- A Warm Shell can be an excellent choice for Homeowners with good management skills but little previous experience in construction projects. The remaining trades center around kitchen, bath, and interior trim/paint. The coordination of multiple simultaneous trades is no longer as challenging, and the details that must be worked out often do not impact another trade. This makes if practical for the Homeowner to work directly with the remaining subcontractors to manage the project while saving the money that would be paid to a GC.
- Scope of work => 23 trades offered in a Warm Shell
- 17 Dry Shell trades
- Fire sprinklers
- HVAC (heating, ventilating, air conditioning)
- Electrical fixtures
CEO & Founder
Sollars Home truly respects the unyielding power of Mother Nature. Therefore, we have engineered extremely safe buildings that are resistant against the forces of nature (earthquakes, fire, flood, wind, mold, termites, and more).
Concrete is a material proven to stand the test of time and we are proud to be a company committed to improving the health of our planet through sustainable practices.